repurpose > recycle
We like to do things differently at SustainaBox. That’s why we’re taking recycling further by encouraging our customers to repurpose their packaging by planting the seeds we enclose and turning their SustainaBox into a germination tray. By growing your own produce at home, you’re reducing your waste and plastic footprint.
Just follow these simple steps:
1. Fill your SustainaBox with 3-4 inches seed compost and moisten with water.
2. Spread your seeds evenly on top.
3. Cover with a thin layer of compost, just 1/4 of an inch. Gently pat down the new soil and water generously.
4. Place your new germination tray in a warm sunny windowsill or greenhouse. Keep inside before May.
5. If you want to go even further, you can bury your entire SustainaBox in the ground once your plants are mature. The biodegrading SustainaBox will improve soil nutrients and plant growth! We only advise this in summer months.